Performance Safety Protocol
In order to maximize the safety of NTPA actors, patrons and staff, the North Texas Performing Arts created its Reopening Task force of professionals including four doctors, legal counsel, board members and others. The Task Force defined the procedures and protocols outlined in this document to ensure that NTPA Productions are opened in a safe and deliberate manner that best protects the health of its actors and patrons.
This team and others that will follow have been working with us to come up with best plan to allow our get our actors, families, patrons, actors and staff come back to our theatres with these objectives:
- To create and execute a plan that provides for the best possible safety of our Actors, Patrons and Staff.
- To effectively and safely open the theatres on the dates approved by the Governing Board of Directors.
- To ensure the cleanliness and readiness of the facilities to support all necessary operations.
- To provide a safe, efficient and thoughtful admittance, performance/rehearsal, and exit process for actors, patrons and staff.
In addition to the safety protocols outlined below, NTPA Staff have been trained upon and will enforce a detailed “Staff Safety Protocol” and “NTPA Facilities Protocol” also approved by the NTPA Task Force outlining their obligations and responsibilities. A copy of the full detailed staff guidance may be made available upon request.
NTPA Performance Safety Protocol - Updated February 25, 2022, 5:30 PM
Over the past two years, NTPA’s safety protocol has continued to build upon requirements recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Texas Governor’s Strike Force, and expands beyond them to provide a comprehensive and careful standard of care.
Based on new information released February 25 by the CDC, the following updates have been made to the NTPA Safety Protocol:
- Masks will be STRONGLY RECOMMENDED but not required in NTPA facilities and activities.
- All other Covid protocols will be removed
- All participants and patrons must follow the NTPA Covid Notification Protocol and alert NTPA of possible Covid-19 exposure.
North Texas Performing Arts strongly encourages all participants and patrons, who are able, to get vaccinated to prevent the spread of Covid-19 within the NTPA family.